Tuesday 29 April 2008

Still here....

Yikes! I'm not sure how almost a week went by....it's been very busy, and still is. Today's journey is all about patience, not that I showed any when I got home to have my husband try to fix the toilet, only to discover the plumber that was in two years ago was right and our 40 year old toilet is so rusted that the stupid plug in the tank can't be repaired, so now we are looking at buying TWO toilets TOMORROW (might at well pay only one plumbing bill, so get the one in the basement that hasn't worked in three years fixed too)so we can have a functioning one in the house that doesn't require us putting our hand in the tank to flush it. There, now you know how my day is going....still 45 minutes before the day ends....
I've been sick again - last Friday, Sunday I was weeding and tidying in the garden, and hurray!!! all the dead things from last year are gone, and green growing plants are slowly springing forth!! My rose bush survived, as did the perennials I planted last year!!! Yesterday was Toby's birthday, so we had a family party for him last night. Tonight, not only is it emergency toilet stuff BUT the final night to prepare taxes, which, sadly, once again we have not done. Every year I think, this year, I will do them in February....every year, April 29th rolls around and they are waiting to be done!! As I write this, my dear husband is doing his taxes, then mine since I am too cranky over the upcoming soon-to-come plumbers bill after we buy the toilets tomorrow, to want to face taxes too. The good news is Toby has a contract starting next week, for three months, so we will be able to pay the plumber, taxman, etc!!!
I'm still here, it's just been one of those weeks!!

5 comments:

Lezlie said...

Hang in there! It can only get better, right? Listen to Shania Twain's song "Up". That one always makes me smile on days like that. :-)

Cheers!
Lezlie

Anonymous said...

I'm with Lezlie, hang on in. I sympathise entirely over the toilets. My downstairs one gets replaced at the end of May after a winter of trying to flush it with a handle so badly broken you risked severing an artery every time you used it.

chrisa511 said...

We all have those weeks!! Hope things get better for you soon and that you enjoy the luxury of having 2 brand new working toilets once they're put in :) It's amazing how we take those for granted when they're working, eh? Hope you feel better too...sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling great :( It'll get better soon! And happy belated birthday to Toby!

Ana S. said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick, Susan...I hope you feel better soon!

Susan said...

lezlie: thanks for the words of encouragement. It was just one of those weeks. Still don't have the new toilets installed yet!

table talk: thank you too, and I remember English toilets, so I sympathize with you completely! I hope your replacement goes more quickly than ours!! Still trying to find a plumber to do it....

chris: thanks for the birthday wishes for Toby! He had a fun day. ( he says). Still no new toilets installed. I didn't think it would be an epic journey, but it's turning into one!!

nymeth: thanks for the wishes! It turned out it was a bug going around, so I wasn't the only one falling to it. this week has been much better.