Thursday 13 March 2008

look at these shelves!!

Stefanie over at So Many Books put this on her site for today's blog http://somanybooksblog.com/2008/03/12/book-obsessed/, wondering about being book obsessed. It's from Barnes and Noble in the US, showing videos from readers and their personal library.
http://media.barnesandnoble.com/?fr_story=ff8f05bdcd1e22403ed5b9f07f4cc4cb6795e695&rf=bm

Isn't that cool to say, "I have a personal library."? That's something I am building.....and I want Joe Perlman's bookshelves! I don't have enough shelves any more, so books are piling up in front of each other, and in front of shelves now. What he's done (Joe in the video) is kind of what my house will end up resembling if I have enough time. Except I don't think i can hide away books in the garage and attic. If I am going to own books, they have to be displayed on the shelves and organized so I can find them. I want to look at the books I own! I gave so many books away when I moved to England, and while I am rebuilding my library, it is taking time because starting a new family and buying a house eat up my book money!! I am so glad to know there are other book-obsessed people out there! (and note to my sister at lady p's cozy corner : see? there are houses that have more books than mine do!!! I'm not the only one!)

And I've bought 12 books so far this year, not 11 as I wrote in my earlier post - Ted Hughes' Birthday Letters, which I finally got a copy of a couple of weeks ago. I think I've bought more books than I've read, so far! Which only reflects the Veronica Mars spell I've been under. (At least I got another non-fiction title read out of that, too!) So my TBR pile is not getting any smaller! Whew! that was making me nervous, after I made all my lists for the book challenges. I love adding to my TBR pile!!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

If you have more than two books I think you can say you have a personal library. It may be small, but it still counts :)